Thursday, December 13, 2012

The Most Wonderful Time of the Year

A Favorite auction find, a fabulously shabby vintage rocking horse. Listed in my Etsy store, BlackEyedSusanShop

on the dinning room tablescape I used the candle holders that I already had, but filled with snow and pretty candles and put greens with glittery pine cones on a piece of salvaged barn wood.



This is one of my FAVORITES, a crusty rusty old urn, did a trade with my dear friend Missy- Missy, Conni and I do an Occasional sale in Stillwater, MN called  LE GARAGE GIRLS!

love using silver, gold, browns and bronze, mixed with rustic! Antlers and deer heads who would have guessed, but I just love them.

 Our tall and skinny "Charlie Brownish"tree found at the cutest tree farm in Lakeland, MN. 




The Holidays are truly the most wonderful time of the year, it gives me a chance to decorate and use some of my "junk" that I have been collecting all year. 

 Taa daa -that's it, my 1st blog entry....it only took me several hours, ok days, grrr- I have a lot to learn.... now a ton of laundry and cleaning to get to, why do days off go so fast???

xoxx Happy Holidays~Susan

2 comments:

  1. Congratulations on your first blog post, Susan!!! I love, love your home - could so easily get lost in the details there. I look forward to seeing more!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Tina! I'm looking at your blog for inspiration!

      Delete

My photo
St Croix River Valley
I grew up in a big farmhouse alongside a creek and sparkling pond, I have so many wonderful memories, but one of the very best is when my dad surprised me with my very own red playhouse, complete with a dutch door and window boxes, I would spend my days making it beautiful, picking fresh flowers, rearranging furniture, and "shopping" around the farm for new pieces.... I am forever CHASING JUNK~Obsessed with decorating and making everything around me beautiful. I am a wife, mother, sister, friend, and PICKER. I love to shop at estate and garage sales, flea markets and auctions~hunting for funky, whimsical and unique treasures. I love mixing and old and new, junky and fancy to make fresh fun new pieces. Beautifully decorated homes or the most pulled together looks are ones with a mix of old and new-collected over time. I love the idea for re-using, and re-purposing-being creative and thinking outside the box!